Work from home has been possible thanks to the power of the internet which have increase home business opportunities. The corporate way of work, is to commute into an office and spend the day in a cubicle, but the business opportunities have make your way to the living room and work from the couch?
Some see work from home seems like a no-brainer.
According to a 2015 survey on global telecommuting trends, 55% of employees said they wished they had the ability to telecommute and 60% said they would resign their current positions for a similar job with similar pay if they could work from home fulltime.
There are challenges to spending the bulk of your time away from the office, however you tend to focus more because you’ll have Less face time with colleagues, fewer opportunities to socialize and the breakdown of personal time are all issues to be considered when deciding if or how often to go remote.
With this in mind, here are seven tips for making the most of working from home and make your home based business idea a reality.
- Create a to do list. Creating a to-do list will help direct you on what you need to do. These list forms the primary aim of your business activity of the day. The list also enable you to allocate time for each task so that you work with a time frame.
- Don’t work from the couch. Success don’t just happen, you’ll need to create a functional workspace which is key to productivity. Small tweaks like changing the temperature, adding some color, making a special work seat and table and getting the right lighting can all help improve concentration, focus and productivity.
- Go mobile. Sitting in front of a laptop isn’t the only way to go remote. With the right gadgets and apps, your tablet and phone can help you master your time management skills and work from anywhere.
- Get the right gear. From the right hardware (think laptops, phones and chargers) to the best programs and apps to stay connected (like Skype, Slack and Viber), make sure you have everything you need before you decide to set up shop at home. And keep the gadjet that will not add anything to the business.
- Stay healthy. Lack of exercise and fresh air, as well as easy access to the fridge, can make it easy to for remote workers to neglect their health. Make sure to step outside whenever possible, try to find ways to keep moving during the day and stock the house with healthy snacks. In other words, engage in physical activity to always stay fit. Eat healthy food which maintain the normal body functioning
- Take a break. Considering 45% of workers feel obligated to respond to emails after hours, employees who spend their day answering emails from home to begin with can find it even more difficult to keep the line between “work” and “home” clearly delineated.
- ...But also try to stay disciplined. Control your physical and mental actions. don’t allow distraction and procrastination affect your business progress. Been disciplined makes your business on a constant increase and people will come because you have new thing to give them.
What home business ideas do you have? Follow the steps that ensure you get the result you want.