Do it Yourself tips to goal setting
Experts estimate that the mind thinks between 60,000 to 80,000 thoughts a day. When translated into hours, that’s 2500-3300 thoughts per hour. What will the mind be thinking of? Many things. We think of:
o What to eat
o What to wear
o Where to go
o Who to visit
o How to make more money
o Who to love
o How to pass examination
o Why there is insecurity
o How to improve my career
o How to stay healthy
o How to deal with people
And many thought you can think of. No wonder, Remez Sasson said the mind is like that butterfly that flies from one flower to another, never standing still.
With many thoughts, this makes our mind vulnerable and can take our precious productive time to achieve more and to make your dreams a reality.
Goal is an aim or desired result. In other words, it’s the destination of a journey. The destination of a football team is to win the tournament and that of the politician is to win the election.
The bottom line everyone has a goal he/she wants to achieve.
For instance, if you are (M) standing at point (A) and your destination is point (B), means for you to get to your destination, you’ll need to make a steady movement from where you’re (A) until you get to point B (Your destination).
It’s when this happens that we’ll say your goals have been achieve.
Moving from point (A) to point (B) requires activity and it’s that activity that can lead you to achieving your desired result.
This activity is the goals you set and in my opinion, goal setting begins by following the following steps below.
1. Write down the goals you intent to achieve. The essence is to make you remember what you desire to achieve at the end of the day and to make you focus on achieving it.
2. Prioritize your goals. Believe me, there are some that should come first and some last. It also makes you to be more focus to accomplish the task before moving to the next one.
3. Devise an active plan on how you intent to achieve the goals you have set. These can be in days, weeks or month.
4. Give each goal a time frame you intent to achieve it.
5. Evaluate yourself. Look for areas you need to improve.
6. Never give in to what people are saying. Always forge ahead and use their criticism as a motivation to do more.
7. Always remember you’re not competing with anybody, but competing with yourself. Don’t let the disappointment discourage you.