90 Rich Dad Poor Dad Quotes on Business, Investing, Money (which one do you like?)
Business, investing, money are all informal subjects. We’re taught religion, good morals, how to work, dress etc but nothing about money business and investing.
Someone got to teach us about this subject. Robert Kiyosaki, is master who uses simple steps yet powerful and practical to make you increase your financial intelligence.
Here are 90 quotes culled from the rich dad book series and you’ll be glad you read it.
90 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes from Rich Dad Poor Dad
- “Business is like a wheel barrow. Nothing happens until you start pushing.”
- “Money is just an idea.”
- “Sight is what you see with your eyes, vision is what you see with your mind.”
- “The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left.”
- “When you come to the boundaries of what you know, it is time to make some mistakes.”
- “The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work.”
- “Skills make you rich, not theories.”
- “The more I risk being rejected, the better my chances are of being accepted.”
- “People who dream small dreams continue to live as small people.”
“People without financial knowledge, who take advice from financial experts are like lemmings simply following their leader. They race for the cliff and leap into the ocean of financial uncertainty, hoping to swim to the other side.”
- “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.”
“In today’s rapidly changing world, the people who are not taking risk are the risk takers.”
- “A mistake is a signal that it is time to learn something new, something you don’t know before.”
- “Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thought day in day out.”
- “Thinking is hard work. When you are forced to think, you expand your mental capacity. When you expand your mental capacity, your wealth increases.”
- “There are no mistakes in life, just learning opportunities.”
- “Business and investing are team sports.”
- “There are no bad business and investment opportunities, but there are bad entrepreneurs and investors.”
- “Forget the Carmel. If a man can pass through the eye of the needle, he will enter the world of tremendous wealth.
- “If you want to be rich, simply serve more people.”
- “When employees unite, they form a union but when business owners unite, they form a team.”
- “Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.”
- “Be careful when you take on debt. If you take on debt personally, make sure it is small. If you take on large debt, make sure someone else is paying for it.”
- “You can always quit, so why quit now.”
- “To be a successful business owner and investor, you have to be emotionally neutral to winning and losing. Winning and losing are just part of the game.”
- “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream and how you handle disappointment along the way.”
- “It does not take money to make money.”
- “The problem with having a job is that it gets in the way of getting rich.”
- “Getting rich begins with the right mindset, the right words and the right plan.”
- “Leverage is the reason some people become rich and others do not become rich.”
- “Inside each of us is a David and a Goliath.”
- “The biggest challenge you have is to challenge your own self doubt and your laziness. It is your self doubt and your laziness that defines and limit who you are.”
- “It is easy to stay the same but it is not easy to change. Most people choose to stay the same all their lives.”
- “Financial leverage is the advantage the rich have over the poor and middle class.”
- “People without leverage work for those with leverage.”
- “What you think is real is your reality.”
- “A winning strategy must include losing.”
90 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes from Rich Dad Poor Dad
41 “Cynics and fools are twins on the opposite sides of reality and possibility. Fools will believe any far fetched scheme and a cynic will criticize anything outside their reality. A cynic’s reality does not allow anything new in and a fool’s reality does not have the ability to keep foolish ideas out.”
42 “There are fast ideas and slow ideas, just as there are fast trains and slow trains. When it comes to money, most people are on the slow train looking out the window watching the fast train pass them by. If you want to become rich quickly, your plan must include fast ideas.”
- “If you are not a brand, you are a commodity.”
“Always start at the end before you begin. Professional investors always have an exit strategy before they invest. Knowing your exit strategy is an important investment fundamental.”
- “If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.”
- “Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.”
- “A plan is a bridge to your dreams. Your job is to make the plan or bridge real, so that your dreams will become real. If all you do is stand on the side of the bank and dream of the other side, your dreams will forever be just dreams. First make your plans real and then your dreams will come true.”
“In order to be a player on the fast track, you will need to have a plan on how to gain more and more control. On the fast track, it is control more than money that counts.”
- “The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over his life.”
- “Investing in mutual funds is investing at the end of the food chain.”
- “The moment you make passive income and portfolio income a part of your life, your life will change. Those words will become flesh.
- “Words are tools for the brain. Words allow the brain to see what the eyes cannot see.”
- “In the world of money, business and investing, we have too many preachers.”
- “The most life destroying word of all is the word tomorrow.”
- “The problem with tomorrow is that I have never seen a tomorrow. Tomorrow does not exist. Tomorrow only exist in the mind of dreamers and losers.”
- “Talk is cheap. Learn to listen with your eyes. Actions do speak louder than words. Watch what a person does more than what he says.”
- “One of the great things about being willing to try new things and make mistakes is that making mistakes keeps you humble. People who are humble learn more than people who are arrogant.”
- “One of the most stupid things to do is to pretend you are smart. When you pretend to be smart, you are at the height of stupidity.”
- “Sometimes, what is right for you at the beginning of your life is not the right thing for you at the end of your life.”
- “Most people spend their lives building financial houses of straws, which are susceptible to wind, fire, rain and big bad wolves.”
- “If you are moving, even fire will not hurt you. If you are standing still near the fire, even though you are not in the fire, the heat will eventually get to you.”
- “Your money should be a good bird dog. It helps you find a bird, catch the bird and then goes out to get another bird. Most people’s money acts like the bird that just flies away.”
- “One of the most important things a real investor needs to say is this; “I want my money back and I also want to keep my investments.”
“Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In mid air, the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground.”
- “You must fire bad customers just as you would fire a bad employee. If you do not get rid of your bad employees, the good employees will leave. If I do not fire bad customers, not only will my good customers leave but many of my good employees will leave as well.” – Rich Dad
- “Start small and dream big.”
- “If you own a butcher shop, don’t hire vegetarians. To hire the right people, you have to let the wrong people go.”
- Excuses cost a dime and that’s why the poor could afford a lot of it.”
- The ability to sell is the number one skill in business. If you cannot sell, don’t bother thinking about becoming a business owner.”
- “People without financial knowledge, who take advice from financial experts are like lemmings simply following their leader. They race for the cliff and leap into the ocean of financial uncertainty, hoping to swim to the other side.”
- “In today’s rapidly changing world, the people who are not taking risk are the risk takers.”
- “The most important word in the world of money is cash flow. The second most important word is leverage.”
- “Always start at the end before you begin. Professional investors always have an exit strategy before they invest. Knowing your exit strategy is an important investment fundamental.”
- “In order to be a player on the fast track, you will need to have a plan on how to gain more and more control. On the fast track, it is control more than money that counts.”
- “Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In mid air, the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground.”
- Investing is a plan
- A good entrepreneur cures his/her obsession with control and learns to delegate.
- It’s more important to grow your income than to cut your expenses. It is more important to grow your spirit than to cut your dream
- The question I’m asked the most is, ‘how do I start?’ It’s a great question. Most people fall on their face because they don’t have a team and they don’t watch market trends. They just invested.
- You may have to modify your dream, but never abandon it.
- Challenges become insignificant when passion is involved. So find what pumps you up and resolve to make money doing it!
- You do not have to be some amazing negotiator. If you have to “hard-sell” a deal, then it probably isn’t a good deal.
- If you avoid a mistake or the lesson in a mistake you are at a social disadvantage.
- Don’t look back, look forward. Learn the lesson of the past and look to put it to use in the present.
- Entrepreneurship takes a person with resolve in the face of obstacles and resiliency in the face of setbacks. A person with inner strength.
- Excuses are simple lies you tell yourself
- Practice and improve your skill set every chance you get.
- Protect and follow your cash. Be strategic about how you spend it. Always know what your cash flow needs are and what they will be.
- Keep your perspective, gain clarity and build confidence. That leads to success.
- There are so many young men and women that chose to stay at home and raise kids, go to school, or are having no luck in the job market. Don’t waste your time while you have it! Put it to work for you.